Tuesday 5 December 2006

My Home

Its cozy and I love it so
my brown detached bungalow
You may think this absurd
but it's an original Hindi word
Maybe I am mistaken
maybe my memory is shaken
However if i can but wait
someone will agree or set me straight.
Or even start a hot debate
Behind lies miles of green
so vast I've never been
hardly set a foot inside
hardly had the time to bide.
Our barrier is a hedge of thorns
on which the cattle scrape their horns
lowly mooing in the morn
waiting to be milked or fed
while the neighbours are abed.
When the farmer's about we can tell
from the noise and the smell
That man sure raises hell
spreading all his muck about
when our washing is all out
when the day is soft and fine
hanging cleanly on the line.
Many times I have been sad
everything smells really bad
My favorite scene comes to
the soft glowing gentle hue
As the sun sinks from view
I see it orange across the sky
and darkened horses passing by
make stark contrast to the eye.
And from the dark eerie sounds
amidst secret places in the grounds

CAROL SELVA

No comments: